Operations and Release Engineer at NZ Qualifications Authority, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Operations and Release Engineer – Permanent
Are you passionate about the assessment, prioritisation and scheduling of change? Do you take pride in minimising the risk of these changes to the business and external users? NZQA is seeking an individual to grow with us as we mature these practices!
Whakatairangatia ngā kete o te mātauranga ki te ao mārama! E te tai whakarunga, e te tai whakararo – nau piki mai, nau kake mai ki te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa.
May the baskets of knowledge (education) be brought into the world of light. We welcome one and all to join us at the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
About the role
The Operations and Release Engineer role holder is responsible for balancing the implementation of changes to Information Services (IS) systems against the risks on BAU and other activities.
Change experienced by IS can occur both from within NZQA and be driven from other agencies and vendors that supply NZQA systems or services. The focus of the role is to consider, advise and maintain oversight for the delivery of robust, responsive and value for money ICT Services and Solutions.
Key responsibilities (see attached Job Description for further information)
- Change and Release Co-ordination
- Release Process Co-ordination
- Testing Adherence
- Service Acceptance
- Tools and Environment Management
The role holder will require an understanding of project/delivery processes and the technical systems that support them (SDLC).
Skills and experience
- Experience in co-ordination in an IT change and release environment, preferably in an AWS/ECS environment, along with the appropriate toolsets.
- Experience in a hybrid legacy and cloud environment would be preferable.
- Building and maintaining quality relationships across technical teams and business units.
- Communicating technical and business issues to diverse audiences, both orally and in written form.
- Negotiating between parties with conflicting priorities.
- Improving processes.
- Tertiary qualification at level 6 of the New Zealand Qualifications Framework or equivalent practical experience.
- ITIL certification.
NZQA is a te reo Māori learning organisation and is committed to equity and lifelong learning. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds that will enrich our understanding of the education system. We prioritise the importance of understanding tikanga in building a culturally responsive workplace. NZQA is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment to Māori and Pacific staff and has active Māori and Pacific staff networks which contribute to NZQA's strategic action plans - Te Kōkiritanga and Takiala Pasifika.
What we can offer:
- A supportive team / whanau environment
- A role with lots of variety
- Development and career progression opportunities
- To find out more click here NZQA Staff Benefits
For more information about this role and NZQA please refer to the job description, NZQA's Customer Charter and Organisational Values. If you are applying/viewing through Seek, please click ‘apply now' to access these links.
If you would like to discuss further, please call Luke Waring on 04 463 3363.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on the 1 December.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Qualifications Authority|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Operations and Release Engineer JD.pdf (PDF, 173KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.