Senior Advisor Code at NZ Qualifications Authority, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Advisor, Code – Permanent
We are looking for an experienced senior advisor to join a team passionate about learner wellbeing and safety.
Whakatairangatia ngā kete o te mātauranga ki te ao mārama! E te tai whakarunga, e te tai whakararo – nau piki mai, nau kake mai ki te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa.
May the baskets of knowledge (education) be brought into the world of light. We welcome one and all to join us at the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
About the role
NZQA administers the Tertiary and International Learners Code of Practice 2021 (the Code). The Code sets out the outcomes and requirements that all tertiary education providers must meet for the wellbeing and safety of their domestic and international tertiary learners. We are responsible for monitoring and supporting education providers to give effect to the Code.
In this role you will be responsible for
- supporting education providers and building capability to give effect to the Code
- providing technical and operational advice and guidance to schools and tertiary education providers about implementing the Code
- managing relationships and working collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders including learners, education providers and government agencies
- analysing information to identify trends and connect insights with new initiatives and guidance to stakeholders
Skills and experience
Candidates for this key role will have:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- demonstrated success in building relationships and gaining the support and engagement of key individuals and groups
- knowledge of te ao Māori and a commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- a commitment to equity for ākonga Māori, Pacific and disabled students
- experience in identifying and implementing principle-based solutions
NZQA is a te reo Māori learning organisation and is committed to equity and lifelong learning. All kaimahi are encouraged and supported to learn te reo Māori which provides insights on te ao Māori, and this in turn creates a more informed basis for supporting ākonga Māori. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds that will enrich our understanding of the education system. We prioritise the importance of understanding tikanga in building a culturally responsive workplace. NZQA is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment to Māori and Pacific staff and has active Māori and Pacific staff networks which contribute to NZQA's strategic action plans - Te Kōkiritanga and Takiala Pasifika.
What we can offer:
- A supportive team / whanau environment
- A role with lots of variety
- Development and career progression opportunities
- To find out more click here NZQA Staff Benefits
For more information about this role and NZQA please refer to the job description, NZQA's Customer Charter and Organisational Values. If you are applying/viewing through Seek, please click ‘apply now' to access these links.
If you would like to discuss further, please call Sapphire Gillard on (04) 463 3165.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 29 November 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Qualifications Authority|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Senior Advisor Code - JD(2022).pdf (PDF, 154KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.