Intermediate/Senior Data Analyst at NZ Qualifications Authority, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Intermediate/Senior Data Analyst and Report Writer - Permanent
Whakatairangatia ngā kete o te mātauranga ki te ao mārama! E te tai whakarunga, e te tai whakararo – nau piki mai, nau kake mai ki te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa.
May the baskets of knowledge (education) be brought into the world of light. We welcome one and all to join us at the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
About the role
Are you passionate about working with data and generating insights? We have a data analyst role we are looking to fill. Our team provides data, analysis and statistics to support NZQA in administering the NCEA qualification and NZ Scholarship examinations. We are a small team and our work is wide ranging – from data extraction and preparation activities to working with business teams to deliver reports and analysis.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in advanced SQL (or similar) query writing (1-2 years).
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Advanced Excel required).
- Experience in use of database query and report writing tools with exposure to relevant tools.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence toolsets and methodologies (Crystal Reports / Business Objects / PowerBI preferred).
- Experience in interpretation and analysis of data for a variety of audiences.
- Developed organisation and prioritising skills.
- Good knowledge of core business practices of a reporting or data analysis team.
- Experience with working with users to understand their requirements.
- Details focused with high standards of quality.
- Good oral and written communication skills, the ability to explain data and analyses using language appropriate to the audience and the ability to communicate in a cross-cultural context.
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications and the ability to demonstrate this in their work – with particular emphasis on achieving successful outcomes for Māori.
The following skills and experience are not required but may be an advantage:
- An understanding of the New Zealand Qualifications Framework and its impact on the secondary or tertiary training/education sectors
- Experience working with R.
- Exposure to data modelling techniques.
- Prior work experience as a data analyst.
If you are looking to work in a supportive team environment, with opportunities to learn and grow your knowledge and skills, this might be the role for you.
NZQA is a te reo Māori learning organisation and is committed to equity and lifelong learning. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds that will enrich our understanding of the education system. We prioritise the importance of understanding tikanga in building a culturally responsive workplace. NZQA is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment to Māori and Pacific staff and has active Māori and Pacific staff networks which contribute to NZQA's strategic action plans - Te Kōkiritanga and Takiala Pasifika.
What we can offer:
- A supportive team / whanau environment
- A role with lots of variety
- Development and career progression opportunities
- To find out more click here NZQA Staff Benefits
For more information about this role and NZQA please refer to the job description, NZQA's Customer Charter and Organisational Values. If you are applying/viewing through Seek, please click ‘apply now' to access these links.
If you would like to discuss further, please call Hamsa Lilley on 04 463 3395.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 22 September 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Qualifications Authority|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Intermediate Data Analyst - Job Description.pdf (PDF, 176KB)
Senior Data Analyst Job Description.pdf (PDF, 182KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.