Analytics/Insights - Product Owner at NZ Transport Agency , Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Principal Advisor – Business Insights Direction
- Bring your exceptional skills in business planning and relationship management
- Work with a team passionate about Research and Analysis
Are you an Insights Product Owner or a Service Manager looking for your next permanent opportunity? This role could be for you…
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Business Insights Direction team forms part of the Corporate Support function for Waka Kotahi and this group underpins everything Waka Kotahi does. Along with Research and Analytics, Corporate Support also includes Finance, Legal, Risk and Assurance, Procurement, and Enterprise Change. Together we are the people who enable and advise to keep the Agency safe. For Waka Kotahi to be successful, Corporate Support needs to deliver quality services efficiently.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The Research and Analytics team advises Waka Kotahi and its investment partners in making smart, evidence-based decisions, by developing and maintaining knowledge bases, visualisations and dashboarding, underpinned by analytics and research. It acts as a knowledge partner to the organisation.
The role supports the Manager Business Insights Direction in identifying the capabilities (people, process, tools, etc.) required to ensure Waka Kotahi's data, information and insight needs are met and provides critical insights thinking, together with advice that helps Waka Kotahi build and support its knowledgebase and insights capability. It does this through understanding the insight needs of Waka Kotahi and developing these into prioritised programmes of insights work.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to connect with people at all levels and seek alignment
- Proven experience in providing strategic advice and critical thinking
- Demonstrated senior leadership and influencing capability with significant experience in insights teams, including analytics, business intelligence and research in a large complex organisation
- Proven in depth understanding and knowledge in the development of portfolio development and roadmaps for research and analytics management
- Strong problem-solving orientation - must be able to develop innovative, resourceful solutions to complex unstructured problems
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders, and in creating successful partnerships and collaborations across organisations
- The ability to confidently lead through ambiguity and periods of uncertainty
- Excellent understanding of the different research and analytics disciplines, methodologies, resourcing issues and options, processes, deliverables, governance, and budgeting
Applications close | Rā Katinga: 8th December 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachment:||PD Principal Advisor BID - Nov 21.pdf (PDF, 204KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.