Network Technician at NZ Transport Agency , Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Drive maintenance on the State highway Network across Central South Island or Bay of Plenty
- For the Marlborough position, this will include the Local Road network as well
- Help prepare and deliver our Forward Works Programme
- Several positions available
- Locations: Christchurch, Tauranga or Blenheim
Support the delivery of regional highway and local roads network maintenance and help create great journeys to keep New Zealand moving!
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Network Technician you will support the System Management team deliver state highway and local roads network maintenance and operational services. This position will assist Network Managers to manage and oversee contractors, undertake basic network inspections, liaise with contractors, and manage the documentation related to contract management. The role will also undertake some customer interaction and be responsible for responding to and following up queries related to the local network.
The role may suit a graduate with a passion for and experience in transportation and asset management or an experienced practitioner with a desire to drive great outcomes on the State Highway network, for all New Zealanders.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
This is a great entry level to Road Maintenance and Operations, Network Management and Asset Management with Waka Kotahi. We welcome people with a range of experience.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Ability to work well under pressure and stay calm when dealing with matters of high priority
- Experience in working in situations demanding flexibility to adapt quickly to change circumstances
- A strong achievement/delivery focus
- Understands basic technical aspects of road maintenance
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and written communications
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Proven discretion, tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential, commercially sensitive and/or personal work-related information
- Demonstrated experience in road asset management, infrastructure engineering design or working with operational teams in delivery
- Current and valid driver's licence is essential
- Appropriate tertiary qualification is desirable
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Transport Services Group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
Waka Kotahi requires that new employees are fully vaccinated (except for those who we accept have a genuine medical reason preventing vaccination).
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday, 6 February 2022
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachment:||Network Technician TS PD January 2022.pdf (PDF, 298KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.