Senior and Principal Project Manager at NZ Transport Agency , Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Take an active leadership role in large, complex and high-profile projects across New Zealand that make a real difference to our country
- Drive alignment with project management frameworks to support the programme or portfolio in meeting business outcomes
- Several Senior and Principal Project Manager positions available
- Locations: Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch or Dunedin
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Senior/Principal Project Manager, you will have direct influence on project management within Waka Kotahi. You will also work alongside Project Directors and Programme Managers to ensure their work is well supported and aligned to Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) frameworks and direction.
The purpose of this role is to lead complex national transport initiatives, through the application of sound project management discipline. Taking the project through the early stages of identification, point of entry, indicative and detailed business case phases, through to pre-implementation and finally through the implementation phase, your responsibilities include the delivering of all the various stages of procurement, planning and approvals whilst ensuring that all project controls are in place.
You'll deliver these complex projects by leading people and collaborating across boundaries with effective leadership and project management skills, to achieve the completion of projects on-time within budget and within scope.
In this role, you are responsible for the daily management of the project team, ensuring that all workstreams within the project are supported and integrated to deliver the project successfully.
The role will be based out of a regional Waka Kotahi office but will require travel to external meetings from time to time.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- At least 8 years of proven experience in a PMO or project delivery environment across a diverse portfolio, ideally working on civil engineering and infrastructure projects with a focus on project controls - cost management, risk management, reporting, and scheduling
- Experience in managing consultants, contractors and internal team members (ideally within the road transport area), and creating effective team environments to enable everyone to deliver to their highest ability
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders, and developing and delivering effective project management communication
- Post graduate qualification in project management, engineering, transport planning, business, commerce or equivalent
- Qualification in a range of project management methodologies or frameworks, eg Prince2, Agile, PMP etc
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
This is a great role for someone looking to join a diverse team of people, who support each other and are passionate about achieving their goals and results.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
Waka Kotahi requires that new employees are fully vaccinated (except for those who we accept have a genuine medical reason preventing vaccination).
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday, 6 February 2022
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachment:||Senior Project Manager SD - PD - Jan 2022.pdf (PDF, 254KB)
Principal Project Manager SD - PD - Jan 2022.pdf (PDF, 257KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.