Senior Health & Safety Adviser - Learning Review at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Nationwide
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Location Flexible
- Deliver continuous improvement initiatives
- Drive a health and safety learning culture across the organisation
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Led from our Chief Executive, we're embedding a culture of continuous improvement and capability across our unique operating environment. Our national 2020-2024 Health, Safety and Wellbeing Plan recognises the strong duty of care we feel for the wellness and wellbeing of our people. It has been carefully designed in alignment with our over-arching organisational strategy Hōkai Rangi, which expresses our commitment to delivering great outcomes for Māori in our care, and their whānau.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are on the search for a Senior Health & Safety Adviser - Learner Review, to join our Insights & Assurance team within our People Capability Group. In this role, you will focus on continuous improvement initiatives and activities which support our learnings from incidents to ensure we are providing the best outcomes for our people.
You will manage our framework and approach for reviews and investigations, setting and communicating criteria, content and timeframes with monitoring and reporting of progress.
Developing systems and using information and data to make informed decisions will be key – disseminating learning to all relevant stakeholders and driving a culture of learning and change.
Ngā pūkenga e kimi ana mātou | Skills we look for
If this opportunity interests you then we encourage you to apply online! The panel will be looking for evidence and/or examples of how your skills and experience align with the below lead requirements:
- Significant experience in undertaking investigations and/or assurance health & safety activities
- Extensive knowledge and experience of using investigation/learning review methodologies
- A proven balance of analytic thinking and lateral thinking abilities;
- Naturally curious with the ability to identify patterns, and accurately communicate these;
- Excellent communication skills - able to share knowledge clearly and confidently, verbally and in writing;
- Ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff through building strong working relationships; and
- Highly organised with a patient and methodical approach to completing work.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
To apply, submit your CV and a tailored cover letter ensuring you highlight your motivation for wanting to join Ara Poutama Aotearoa as well as highlighting your relevant skills, experience and personal qualities essential to this opportunity.
Applications will close on 3rd December 2021
The salary for this role starts from $91,953 up to $129,816 based on relevant skills and experience.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
From 1 December 2021, all people working inside prisons will be required to be fully vaccinated as part of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021. People in prison are some of the most vulnerable to COVID-19 and due to the ease of transmission, extending the Vaccination Order supports the safety and wellbeing of our staff and people in prison.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Category:||Workplace Health and Safety|
|Attachment:||Senior Adviser H&S Learning Review Job Description.pdf (PDF, 308KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.