People Adviser at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Nationwide
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, Full Time opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Join a values-led organization
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The People Adviser works with the Senior People Advisers and People Administrators to provide general People & Capability (P&C) advice and support to line managers across Ara Poutama Aotearoa. The People Adviser develops, fosters and maintains excellent working partnerships with managers to assist them to meet their business objectives.
In addition, you would support our staff by responding to general employment related queries on a variety of matters as required. While forming part of our People Hub, you will work closely with the business in a support capacity on ER matters alongside the Senior People Advisers within the regions.
You will be responsible for the core delivery of P&C Services including managing end to end processes for staff changes and providing guidance to managers on staffing processes and continuously support the improvement and updating of service level 0, to ensure our leaders and workforce are empowered to help themselves wherever possible. The People Adviser acts as a critical escalation point for our People Administrators to ensure the high-quality customer experience and resolution of requests and issues in a timely manner.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates who also demonstrate alignment with our kaupapa. Specifically, we will be looking for evidence and examples within your written application against the following essential requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in providing generalist HR advice and support to managers and staff
- Significant knowledge of employment legislation and its application
- Excellent problem-solving and written, verbal and presentation skills
- A commitment to teamwork within a shared services (Service Now) environment
- The ability to build strong, professional working relationships
- A willingness, and ability, to mentor our People Administrators to support them to be their best
- An understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi/Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to the work of government departments as well as a strong level of cultural capability and awareness with an ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- A tertiary qualification or diploma in business, HR or other relevant subject is desirable, however, a strong track record of excellent performance within required P&C areas is an adequate substitute
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The mid point of the salary range is $78,130 and the full range (85%-120%) is $66,411 - $93,756. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
If you're interested, we are open to discussing flexible working options with you. This can take many forms such as, remote working, flexible start and finish times. Please feel free to talk to us at the about the flexibility you need, and we will explore what's possible for the role.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
It is an exciting time to join us, and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.nz/hokairangi).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for applying for this vacancy highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications close on Wednesday 6th October 2022.
All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||People Operations - People Adviser.pdf (PDF, 367KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.