Interventions Coordinator at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Northland (Te Tai Tokerau)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Interventions Coordinator – Northland Region Corrections Facility (Fixed Term Contract until 30th June 2023)
‘Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.'
Every single day the work we do builds a diverse range of opportunities for both our people and for the people in our care
In the role of Intervention Co-ordinator, you will be accountable for the co-ordination of services which support and encourage the rehabilitation, reintegration and well-being of those in our care.
As the Co-ordinator you will be responsible for:
- Planning and organising the implementation of prisoner courses, education and other programmes and interventions.
- Maintaining timetables for programmes and interventions
- Liaising with/and supporting external service providers and contractors as may be necessary to ensure effective programme delivery
- Liaising with internal tutors, facilitators, case managers and prison officers
- Ensuring the allocation and effective utilisation of resources
- Compiling and maintaining registers, reports and statistics on programme participation in a timely manner
- Assisting in the evaluation of prisoner programmes, courses and interventions
You are passionate about the work you do and have the desire to engage with those in our care, in an educational setting to support the Working Prisons model.
With a pride in your work, you ensure a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Your computer skills are second to none, whilst your ability to juggle tasks and communicate effectively to customers and colleagues alike provides a strong foundation in all that you do.
We are looking for someone with a pragmatic approach to problem solving, who has resilience in managing multiple stakeholders and can adapt well to the ever-changing demands of the job.
The salary for this position is $55,449 to $62,044, mid-point $59,155 dependant on level of experience
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please ensure your CV and cover letter addresses and is specific to the key requirements of the role. We invite you to discuss your understanding of the kaupapa we do onsite at Auckland Prison
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site. If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Northland (Te Tai Tokerau)|
|Position type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||Interventions Coordinator NRCF.docx (Word, 67KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.