Workplace Violence Prevention Programme Manager at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
• Emergency and Corporate Risk, Te Tai Tokerau
• Based at Whangarei Hospital
Te Whatu Ora recognises that workplace violence is a health, safety, and human resources issue and will take reasonable precautions to prevent workplace violence and to protect employees in the workplace.
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
This is a full time 1.0 FTE position working 40 hours per week between Monday-Friday for a fixed term until November 2024. There is some flexibility for the right candidate.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Leading the workplace violence prevention programme across Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau by nsuring the continued rollout of prevention activities and development of the Workplace Violence Prevention Framework for managing workplace violence and aggression
• Developing and implementing comprehensive safe work practice policies and procedures as related to preventing workplace violence and reducing harm to staff and people
• Assist managers to develop and implement safety plans and post incident support plans.
• Ensure training in workplace violence prevention is provided across Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau
• Ensuring robust monitoring and reporting
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
• Relevant tertiary qualification
• Health Professional qualification
• Previous experience in a public sector organisation
• Previous experience in planning and risk management
• Demonstrate leadership abilities
• Ability to work with a wide range of health care professional groups
We support professional development and you will be a part of a supportive team environment to assist you in making the most of this opportunity and your career.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AD23-220
Closes: 6 December 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachment:||AD23-220 JD v1 - Workplace Violence Prevention Programme Manager - 12 month fixed term.pdf (PDF, 854KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.