Technical Specialist - Specimen Services (1.0FTE) at Northland District Health Board (Whangarei), Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We've made Northland DHB much more than just a place to come to work. Every day brings opportunities to leave things better than you found them. And with each opportunity, you're trusted to achieve the best outcomes for our patients. You can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Northland DHB is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
With a purpose built new laboratory on the horizon achieving the best health outcomes for our patients starts with expecting the best from ourselves. Right now Northland DHB is looking for an exceptional Technical Specialist – Medical Laboratory Scientist to join the phlebotomy and specimen services team at Whangarei Hospital.
Working closely with the Head of Department:
- You will possess the skills to supervise and co-ordinate the rosters and work- output of the phlebotomy and specimen services team.
- You will be responsible for ensuring work is appropriately prioritised and is performed conforming to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and IANZ requirements.
- You will assist the HoD and the team to ensure quality output and have a sound knowledge of multiple disciplines
- You will ensure and prioritise patient safety and quality relating to care and processes with the laboratory environment.
- You will possess the skill to assist the HoD in the setup of the new laboratory and new projects to enhance laboratory out-comes.
- You will be able to show initiative and work well as part of a team whilst leading the team and have enthusiasm for continuous improvement for yourself and your colleagues.
You will be an experienced MLS, eligible to work in New Zealand and hold a current registration with the Medical Sciences Board of New Zealand (www.mscouncil.org.nz). A minimum of 5 years post registration experience with laboratory practise is essential.
A career with Northland DHB will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH21-186
Closes: 9 February 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Northland District Health Board (Whangarei)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||AH21-186 Technical Specialist Specimen Services.pdf (PDF, 482KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.