Occupational Therapist - Rotational Position - Whangārei Hospital (1.0FTE) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We've made Te Whatu Ora, Te Tai Tokerau much more than just a place to come to work. Every day brings opportunities to leave things better than you found them. And with each opportunity, you're trusted to try new things and achieve the best outcomes for your patients. You can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Right now, we have an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist. This position provides services to patients at Whangarei Hospital. There is opportunity to rotate across acute, rehabilitation and outpatient services. You will work with clients in the region to improve functional returns and optimise occupational performance.
Te Whatu Ora, Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role:
- Full time, 40 hours per week. You will be part of a weekend roster also, working one weekend day every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Works across multiple specialties including Medicine and Surgical based departments, Rehabilitation, Acute Assessment/Emergency Department and Outpatients
- Part of a supportive work environment with strong commitment to regular supervision
- Professional development opportunities for your career
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Hold a current practicing certificate and registration in NZ as an Occupational Therapist
- Current Drivers Licence
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of multidisciplinary team
- Aware of Occupational Therapy theory and principles of practice
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships between staff and clients
Experience is preferred, however applications from New Graduates will be considered.
A career with Te Whatu Ora, Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Commwunication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH22-311 and AH22-317
Closes: 26 September 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||AH22-311 and AH22-317 - JD - Occupational Therapist.pdf (PDF, 289KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.