Informatics Focused Pharmacist (1.0 FTE) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Achieving the best health outcomes for Te Tai Tokerau communities starts with expecting the best from ourselves. We ensure every member of our team has the opportunity to develop, grow and stay inspired. Here, you can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
If you're looking for the right opportunity to create positive, healthy change, then we're looking for you. Right now, we have an opportunity for an Informatics Focused Pharmacist to join our Pharmacy Service at the Whangarei Hospital in a full time, permanent position working 80 hours per fortnight.
- This role is responsible for the day to day management of the electronic medicines management informatics systems
- Representation of Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau in relation to regional management of these systems.
- Oversight of the testing and implementation of any new releases (or further roll out) of these systems and coordination with all relevant stakeholders
- Development, introduction, support and maintenance of new eMedicines Management (eMM) solutions
The salary range for this role is $87,999 - $94,266
Skills and experience required
- A high degree of IT literacy – clinical information systems, Microsoft office suite
- Strong medication safety and patient safety focus
- Be a subject matter expert in relation to an eMedicines Management (eMM) solution set (existing and future)
- 3 years post-registration experience as a practicing Pharmacist
- Proven experience with diverse teams to achieve goals
- Ability to influence, lead, and educate staff members
- Experience in communicating and influencing diverse groups of people
A post graduate qualification in a relevant clinical or health informatics area is highly desirable.
Applicants must hold or be eligible to hold a current Annual Practising Certificate from the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/i-want-to-practise-in-new-zealand/
- Ongoing training and support to help you succeed in this role
- Interesting and wide variety of work involved to keep you engaged and motivated
- Plenty of professional development opportunities
- Be a part of a dynamic and supportive team environment
- Relocation allowance may be available
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH22-358
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||AH21-239 - JD - Informatics Pharmacist - Te Whatu Ora - Aug 2022.pdf (PDF, 639KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.