Occupational Therapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Acute Stroke, Assessment & Rehabilitation Ward
Whangārei Hospital 2.0 FTE
We've made Te Whatu Ora, Te Tai Tokerau much more than just a place to come to work. Every day brings opportunities to leave things better than you found them. And with each opportunity, you're trusted to try new things and achieve the best outcomes for your patients. You can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Right now, we have an amazing opportunity for enthusiastic Occupational Therapists to join our team. These positions will provide services to patients on Ward 15, the acute stroke unit, assessment and rehabilitation ward.
Te Whatu Ora, Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role:
- 2 x Full time, permanent positions (40 hours per week), part-time hours can also be discussed. You will also be part of a weekend roster, working one weekend day every 6 to 8 weeks approximately.
- Works in acute stroke and assessment and rehabilitation with the opportunity to rotate to other areas every 6-12 months.
- Part of a supportive work environment with strong commitment to regular supervision
- Professional development opportunities for your career
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Hold a current practicing certificate and registration in NZ as an Occupational Therapist
- Current Drivers Licence
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of multidisciplinary team
- Aware of Occupational Therapy theory and principles of practice
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships between staff and clients
Experience is preferred for these positions, however we encourage all to apply.
A career with Te Whatu Ora, Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-051
Closes: 14 April 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||AH23-051 - JD v2 - Occupational Therapist - Medical and Elder Services.pdf (PDF, 289KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.