Respiratory / Sleep Physiologist - 1.0 FTE at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
At Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau, you'll soon see the passion and pride Northlanders feel in their home. We're not just talking about living in one of New Zealand's most beautiful – and affordable – locations, but being a part of delivering healthcare that is unique to our region.
From professional development, to an inspiring team and to achieving real work-life balance in a stunning location, we can offer what matters to your career, and what matters to you.
If you're looking for the right opportunity to create positive, healthy change, then we're looking for you. We have an amazing opportunity for a Respiratory/ Sleep Physiologist to join our Medical outpatients department.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role
The primary function of this role is
- To participate in and maintain a comprehensive, high quality and efficient Respiratory. Sleep service for Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau. This includes coverage at peripheral hospitals (Bay of Islands, Kaitaia & Dargaville)
- Be familiar with non-invasive ventilation Sleep Studies and management of Sleep Apnoea and Lung Function testing
- To participate in and be an effective team member of the Medical service.
- To have the desire and ability to teach and update other team members
This is a permanent 1.0 FTE position working 40 hours per week.
- Minimum 2 year post qualification experience with demonstrated ability to perform all core pulmonary diagnostic tests
- Ability to gain registration as a Clinical Respiratory Physiologist with the Clinical Physiologist Board or work towards it
- Experience with the provision of CPAP and NIV-BiPAP therapy
- Experience in screening for obstructive sleep apnoea
A current drivers license is essential to apply for this role.
- Attractive salary range of $63,702 - $83,030
- Relocation allowance available
- No weekends or after-hours work
- Professional development opportunities
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-071
Closes: 26 March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||AH23-071 - JD v1 - Respiratory Sleep Pysiologist - Outpatients.pdf (PDF, 291KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.