Medical Laboratory Scientist - Microbiology (1.0) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New purpose-built laboratory coming in 2024 – be a part of the story…..
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand. This spectacular landscape pushes you to think on your feet. With a vast catchment area and diverse culture, we're always on the lookout for new ways to improve community health.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
Achieving the best health outcomes for our patients starts with expecting the best from ourselves, and right now Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is looking for an exceptional person to join our self-motivated Laboratory team and support the Pathology Service.
About the role:
In 2024 the department will move to a newly constructed purpose-built laboratory, still within the hospital grounds. This will see an expansion in laboratory size and the introduction of a fully designated molecular suite area. The department is expanding and modernising to meet the demands of a rapidly increasing population.
The primary function of this position is to:
- To contribute as an effective member of the Te Tai Tokerau Pathology Services team, to provide a quality & safe pathology service that ensures timely, accurate results to pathology laboratory users.
- To Participate in the receipt, documentation, registration, processing and reporting of all specimens, including those referred to other laboratories, as required by authorized policies and protocols
- To perform other technical and operational duties normally expected of a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS such as those involving quality and safety or the efficient and effective operations of the laboratory service).
This position is a permanent full-time 1.0 FTE role working 40 hours per week in Whangarei.
Key requirements to be successful:
- New Zealand Registered and licenced Medical Laboratory Scientist
- 3 years experience of working in a clinical microbiology laboratory.
- Experience in laboratory information systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible in work practice & rosters
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- A Friendly and supportive team environment
- An interesting and wide variety of work to keep you engaged and motivated
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-151
Closes: 29 November 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||AH23-151 - JD v1 - Medical Laboratory Scientist - Microbiology.pdf (PDF, 659KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.