Occupational Therapist - Bay of Islands at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full time 1.0 FTE
- Fixed Term until July 2024
- Bay of Islands Hospital
Experience one of the most beautiful regions in New Zealand with some of the best fishing, surfing, diving and trekking the country has to offer.
See what this stunning part of the country has to offer here: https://www.newzealand.com/nz/northland/
This position is suitable for Occupational Therapists who are interested in exploring what it is like to work and live in the stunning Mid North. Based in Bay of Islands Hospital in Kawakawa this full-time position is 1.0 FTE working 40 hours per week on a fixed term until July 2024. Part time will also be considered.
Provide a quality Occupational Therapy service to designated inpatients or community services. Your practice takes into consideration the individuals physical, environmental, Occupational, cognitive, emotional, family and cultural needs
Achieving the best health outcomes for Northland communities starts with expecting the best from ourselves. We ensure every member of our team has the opportunity to develop, grow and stay inspired. Here, you can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
- Gain valuable work experience in a rural community environment
- Relocation allowance may be available
- Flexible working arrangements to suit your lifestyle, skills and personal commitments
- Be a part of a dynamic, friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team
- Professional development opportunities
- NZ registered Occupational Therapist with current practicing certificate (or eligible for)
- Current drivers' licence
- Ability to empathise and communicate with patients and their families.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team, managing own workload within time frames
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Therapy theory and principles of practice
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-184
Closes: 11 October 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachment:||AH23-184 - JD v1 - Occupational Therapist - BOI.pdf (PDF, 287KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.