Social Worker - Renal Services, Te Tai Tokerau (0.9FTE) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you seeking a role that is immersed in working within a multidisciplinary team to improve the outcomes and service delivery for patients with chronic kidney disease throughout Te Tai Tokerau?
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Social Worker to join our team in the Renal Services. This is a full time position working in the hospital and community alongside Northlanders impacted by Renal disease. As the Renal Service provides a regional service, applicants from across Northland are invited to apply.
Renal Social Workers sit at the core of the Nephrology service to support and maximise the psychosocial functioning and adjustment of patients and their whanau who are experiencing end stage renal disease directly or indirectly as whanau.
- Effectively utilising social work processes to ensure quality care is provided
- Maintaining professional standards and taking part in responsibility for ongoing professional development
- Contributing to the management of Medical and Social Work Services in consultation with the Clinical Team Lead
- Recognising that family violence in all its forms is a major health issue in Aotearoa, through the use of screening tools and providing support
- Being an effective member of a multidisciplinary team process that focuses on meeting quality outcomes for patients
- Current registration with NZ Social Workers Registration Board
- Current full drivers licence
- Experience working with individuals and families with diverse needs
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate experience in social work processes, theories and concepts. You will have the ability to maintain professional standards and competence.
A career with Te Whatu Ora will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First – People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect – We treat others as we would they would like to be treated.
Manaaki Caring – We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication – We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence – Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-399
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau
|Permanent Full time
|AH23-399 - JD Social Worker - Renal Service - Medical and Elder Service.pdf (PDF, 680KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.