Social Workers - Whangarei Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Whangarei Hospital (part time and full time positions available)
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
We are looking for Social Workers to join our team based at Whangarei Hospital. These roles will work across all physical health services to provide specialist social assessments and planned social work intervention. Departments included are Surgical, Orthopaedics, Medicine, Maternity, Renal, Emergency Department, Oncology, Health of Older People, Community and Paediatrics.
These are permanent positions that will work 8 hour shifts, rostered between the hours between 6am - 6pm Mondays to Fridays. We have part time and full time positions available; the days of work may be negotiable as agreed with the manager. There may be a requirement of after-hours and weekend work as agreed with the manager as we consider changes to how social work support is provided in the future.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
- Effectively utilise social work processes to ensure quality care is provided
- Maintain professional standards and take part in responsibility for ongoing professional development
- Contribute to the management of Medical and Social Work Services in consultation with the Clinical Team Lead
- Recognising that family violence in all its forms is a major health and social issue in Aotearoa, through the use of screening tools
- Being an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team process that focuses on meeting quality outcomes for clients.
- Current registration with NZ Social Workers Registration Board
- Current full Drivers Licence
- Experience working with individuals and families with diverse needs
- Relevant social work experience that can be translated into an acute health setting
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate experience in social work processes, theories and concepts. You will have the ability to maintain professional standards and competence.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-SW
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||AH23-213 - JD v1 - Social Worker - Te Whatu Ora.pdf (PDF, 649KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.