Clinical/Registered Psychologist - Kaitaia (0.6FTE) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mental Health and Addictions Services
If you are looking for the opportunity to make your mark and action real change, working for Northland's largest employer is where you will find it. Here, you get to make a tangible impact on your community, your team and your personal development, with an employer who trusts you to innovate and try new ways to leave things better than you found them.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role
Right now, we are looking for a Registered Psychologist to work in the Mental Health and Addictions Service at Kaitaia Hospital. This is for a part time, permanent position working 24 hours per week between Monday to Friday.
In this role you will provide a high standard of clinical psychology practice and expertise, contributing to the provision of a comprehensive, culturally appropriate and ethical service within Mental Health and Addiction Services in Northland.
This role will:
- Provide professional client-centred psychological practice
- Liaise with the wider hospital in order to meet the patient and whanau's needs
- Be an effective team member of the Mental Health and Addictions Services
- Provide psychological assessment and treatment
To be successful in this position, you need to have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member within an MDT framework.
- Registered Psychologist with the NZ Psychologists Board
- Appropriate experience of service provision, including early intervention with Psychological and Psychometric screening with the provision of a variety of Psychological treatments.
- Experience in working with individuals with Axis I and Axis II disorders.
- Attractive Salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Interesting and wide variety of work involved to keep you engaged and motivated
- Plenty of professional development opportunities
- Be a part of a dynamic and supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others, as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH24-024
Closing Date: 28 February 2024
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau
|Permanent Part time
|AH24-024 - JD - MHAS Clinical Psychologist Kaitaia.pdf (PDF, 622KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.