Nurse Educator - Public Health Nursing & School Based Youth (1.0FTE) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role
Right now, Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is looking for an experienced and motivated Nurse Educator to join the Public Health Nurse team. This role will facilitate and provide clinical education to maximise health care delivery, enhance patient outcomes, and promote clinical excellence and evidence-based professional nursing practice.
This is a full time, permanent position working 40 hours per week, based in the Community Clinical Services in Whangarei.
This role encompasses the following functions and key result areas:
- Develop the competence and capability of the nursing workforce within the clinical area
- To promote clinical excellence through the facilitation, development and provision of ward/unit based education programmes and resources
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality improvement by leading and participate in quality improvement activities
- To establish consistently high clinical standards, clinical leadership and professionalism
You will need to have 4 years post registration experience, with 3 years' experience in the relevant specialty area. Experience in clinical teaching and a proficient computer literacy is essential.
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with a current Practicing Certificate
- Designated Senior Nurse PDRP or Expert PDRP
- Relevant post graduate qualification, or working towards
- Knowledge and understanding of medio/legal and ethical responsibilities
Be part of a dynamic and supportive environment, with the opportunity to gain further knowledge and skills from team you will work alongside of. Full orientation and support will be provided.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: NS23-096
Closes: 28 March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||NS23-096 - JD v1 - Nurse Educator - Public Health Nursing - RFC.pdf (PDF, 641KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.