Associate Clinical Nurse Manager - Bay of Islands at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Come join the Bay of Islands Hospital team who are already enjoying a rewarding lifestyle outside of the main cities!
Right now, we have an opportunity for a skilled and motivated Associate Clinical Nurse Manager (ACNM) to support and assist in the leadership of the General Ward and Emergency Dept at Bay of Islands Hospital.
This position is permanent part time 0.6 FTE working 24 hours per week.
Achieving the best health outcomes for Northland communities starts with expecting the best from ourselves. We ensure every member of our team has the opportunity to develop, grow and stay inspired. Here, you can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Primary functions of the role include:
- Provide clinical expertise and direction to the nursing team to support best practice and patient focused care within a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Ward/ Emergency Department and staff.
- Provide professional leadership and supervision of the nursing team.
- Coordinate and facilitate the provision of quality care that is patient focused and outcome oriented.
- Coordinate the MDT and drive safe and efficient patient discharge planning.
This is a rewarding role with the opportunity to make a meaningful difference within your community. Our friendly and supportive team environment fully supports professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements. Relocation allowance may be available for the successful candidate.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
- Registered Nurse with a current practicing certificate
- Recent (within 5 years) clinical experience
- Encourages teamwork, cooperation and a positive attitude
- Has excellent written communication skills
- Has a flexible approach to work showing an ability to adapt to new challenges
Post Graduate Certificate or current PDRP is essential.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: NS23-369
Closes: 27 September 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||NS23-369 - BOI ACMD Ward and ED Job Description Sept 2023.pdf (PDF, 629KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.