Nurse Educator - Special Care Baby Unit at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you an experienced nurse who is passionate about sharing your knowledge and enjoy coaching and supporting other staff members?
If so, this is an opportunity for you take the next step in your career in the field of nurse education!
This is a permanent part time 0.6 FTE position working 24 hours per week. The Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) cares for babies > 32 weeks gestation with a supportive paediatrician and nursing team to provide the highest standard of care ensuring the best start possible for all babies.
The primary function of this role is to promote, facilitate and provide clinical education to maximise health care delivery, enhance patient outcomes, and promote clinical excellence and evidence-based professional nursing practice.
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
The role involves:
- Promoting clinical excellence through the facilitation, development and provision of ward/unit based education programmes and resources
- Developing the competence and capability of the nursing workforce within the clinical area
- Demonstrating a commitment to quality improvement by leading and/or participating in quality improvement activities
- Demonstrating consistently high clinical standards, clinical leadership and professionalism
If you can communicate effectively, have a strong patient/client focus and a flexible approach to work, showing an ability to adapt to new challenges then we would love to hear from you.
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with current practicing certificate
- Relevant Post Graduate Diploma
- Designated Senior Nurse PDRP or Expert PDRP (demonstrating clinical examples)
- Certificate in Adult/Clinical Teaching
- At least 7 years post registration experience with at least 3 years' experience in relevant specialty area
- Day shifts – no nights or weekends!
- Flexible working arrangements and attractive salary
- Be a part of a fun-loving & close-knit supportive team
- Be a part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Rewarding role with an opportunity to make an impact on the development of the nursing profession and your community
- Plenty of support for professional development opportunities
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: NS23-380
Closes: 3 January 2024
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||NS23-380 - JD - Nurse Educator SCBU V1.pdf (PDF, 701KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.