Registered Midwives (Multiple Vacancies) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role
Achieving the best health outcomes for our patients starts with expecting the best from ourselves, and right now Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is looking for an experienced and motivated Registered Midwives to join our maternity department at the Whangarei Hospital.
The registered midwife employed in this role is recognised as an autonomous practitioner who:
- will work in partnership with women to ensure they receive quality maternity care whilst they are in hospital
- has a key role in assisting the Te Whatu Ora to meet its requirements as a maternity services provider as outlined within the maternity services specifications
- provides midwifery services that support the provision of primary and secondary services within the Te Kotuku Maternity Unit, Te Whatu Ora
- will work in partnership with women, LMCs and other members of the health care team to ensure maternity care plans are developed, implemented and reviewed to meet the needs of the woman and her baby during the inpatient stay
- will provide emergency midwifery support as required and facilitate transfers to other maternity services when needed
We have multiple permanent part-time or full-time opportunities available
- Current Practicing Certificate with Midwifery Council of New Zealand
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to practice in a culturally safe manner
- Evidence of recent midwifery practice, or
- recent midwifery graduates, evidence of enrolment on the Midwifery First Year of Practice Programme
- or evidence of a Return to Practice Programme
Post graduate qualifications or working towards it in a relevant specialty area is highly desirable.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Relocation allowance available
- Plenty of professional development opportunities
- Be a part of a friendly and supportive team environment
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: RM22-015
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||RM22-015 - JD - Core Midwife - Maternity - Whangarei Hospital.pdf (PDF, 294KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.