Registered Midwives - Whangarei at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Te Kotuku Maternity Unit, Whangarei
- Various full-time and part-time positions available that include new graduate midwives, experienced midwives, and return-to-practice midwives.
- Flexible working arrangements
- A variety of midwifery experiences with a focus on supporting you and your career pathway
- Be part of a close-knit supportive team environment
- Live in and explore the beautiful Northland region
- Relocation allowance may be available
For new graduate midwives - an incentive payment applies.
Achieving the best health outcomes for our patients starts with expecting the best from ourselves, and right now Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is looking for Midwives to join our secondary maternity unit at Whangarei Hospital. You could be a part of making an important difference within your community.
If you are an internationally registered midwife please visit the Midwifery Council of New Zealand's website to explore your eligibility for New Zealand registration https://www.midwiferycouncil.health.nz/
The registered midwife employed in this role is recognised as an autonomous practitioner who:
- Utilises professional knowledge and skill to provide a holistic approach to midwifery care that is safe and of the highest quality possible.
- Works in partnership with women to ensure they receive quality maternity care whilst they are in hospital
- Will work in partnership with women, LMCs and other members of the health care team to ensure maternity care plans are developed, implemented and reviewed to meet the needs of the woman and her baby during the inpatient stay
- Will provide emergency midwifery support as required and facilitate transfers to other maternity services when needed
We have various permanent part time or full time opportunities available.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
- New Zealand Registered Midwife with Current Practicing Certificate with Midwifery Council of New Zealand
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to practice in a culturally safe manner
- Evidence of recent midwifery practice, or
- recent midwifery graduates - evidence of enrolment on the Midwifery First Year of Practice Programme
- or evidence of a Return to Practice Programme
Post graduate qualifications or working towards it in a relevant specialty area is desirable.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: RM22-015
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau
|Contract/Temp Part time
|RM22-015 - JD - Core Midwife - Maternity - Whangarei Hospital.pdf (PDF, 294KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.