Associate Clinical Midwife Manager - Te Kotuku Maternity Unit, Whangarei Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Right now, we are looking for an exceptional Associate Clinical Midwife Manager to join our midwife leadership team in Whangarei Hospital. This is a permanent position and the contracted hours of work are negotiable, however you will be required to work on a 24/7 shift roster.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
This role will provide clinical expertise and direction to the midwifery and small nursing team to support the best practice for wahine/pepe/whanau focused care within a multi-disciplinary team, covering primary and secondary maternity services.
Tasks will include:
- Day to day management of the unit in conjunction with the Clinicial Midwife Manager
- Coordinate and facilitate the provision of quality care that is patient focused and outcome orientated
- Demonstration of clinical experitse with a focus on whahine/pepe/whanau focussed maternity care
- Provide professional leadership and supervision to the midwifery and nursing team and performance appraisals for a designated group of staff.
- New Zealand Registered Midwife with a current practising certificate
- Relevant Post Graduate Diploma
- 5 years post registration expierence as a Midwife
- Member of a professional association
- Holds Quality & Leadership Programme (QLP) at leadership level (Midwifery)
Midwifery leadership experience is preferred, however not essential to apply.
- Attractive Salary
- Further opportunites to grow your clinical knowledge and skills
- Be a part of a dynamic and supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Relocation allowances may be available
- Contribute to the further development of the maternity service with a focus on achieving equitable health outcomes
This job title is in the process of aligning with the MERAS Midwifery Career Pathway. For further queries please contact Clinical Midwife Manager, Yvonne Morgan on Yvonne.Morgan@northlanddhb.org.nz
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hiranga) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: RM23-001 & RM23-002
Closes: 8 February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.