Advisor - International Development and Engagement at NZ Ombudsman, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Advisor – International Development and Engagement
- Dynamic team with an international focus
- Design and deliver collaboration and support programmes with Ombudsmen and integrity agencies in the Asia-Pacific region
- Permanent Position – Flexible Working Options Available
Mō te Tari o te Kaitiaki Mana Tangata – About the Ombudsman
The Chief Ombudsman works with his staff to help New Zealanders in their dealings with government agencies. The focus is on handling complaints against government agencies, undertaking investigations and inspections, and encouraging good administration. The Chief Ombudsman is independent and impartial, with the goal of fairness for all. The Chief Ombudsman also works internationally to learn from and assist to develop international best practice.
Mō tō mātou tira – About the team
The International Development and Engagement (IDE) Team engages with and supports Ombudsmen and integrity institutions across the Asia-Pacific. IDE aims to contribute to lifting good governance, transparency and integrity in the region. The team engages in a way that respects each Ombudsman's independence, is sustainable, is collaborative, and is mindful and respectful of different cultures and ways of working. The team also brings learnings from our international colleagues back to the New Zealand Office of the Ombudsman to help inform our own work.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
The team is looking for an enthusiastic Advisor to support the Chief Ombudsman and IDE in their international development and engagement work. The Advisor will collaboratively develop and deliver against bilateral work plans with Ombudsmen (or Ombudsman-type anti-corruption and integrity institutions) mainly in the Asia-Pacific region. This may include the provision of appropriate materials and resources as well as learning, mentoring, guidance, and workshops. The Advisor will also support the team to deliver regional activities such as conferences and webinars. The Advisor will draw on Subject Matter Experts both within IDE and across the office to deliver relevant, useful and high quality products.
He kōrero mōu – About you
To be successful in this role ideally you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in law, international development or other relevant field, or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the role of the Ombudsman and best practice in relevant work areas such as complaint handling, dispute resolution, investigations, good administration and human rights
- Experience of working internationally, in the Pacific, or in a cross-cultural environment
- Knowledge and understanding of learning methodologies, approaches to capacity building and training (including e-learning, remote learning, mentoring, and/or workshop facilitation in multi-cultural contexts)
- Demonstrated success in building relationships and gaining the support and participation of key stakeholders
- Proven research skills and analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively across multiple activities in a fast-paced and highly collaborative setting
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Understanding of Māori, disability and other cultural and human rights concepts, including the Treaty of Waitangi
Me pēhea e tono - How to apply
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now' button where you will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form and upload your CV and cover letter. For further information about this vacancy please email email@example.com.
All applicants will have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a criminal convictions check and may be required to achieve and maintain a NZ Government (NZSIS) security clearance.
Depending on skills and experience the salary is expected to be between $85,134 and $111,739 per annum.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 05th October
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||2022.07.21_Advisor_IDE_JD.pdf (PDF, 538KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.