Senior Communications Advisor - 6 Months Fixed Term at NZ Ombudsman, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Communications Advisor – 6 Months Fixed Term
- Support the Chief Ombudsman's vision of fairness for all
- Opportunity to reach new audiences
- Be part of a dynamic and experienced team
Mō te Tari o te Kaitiaki Mana Tangata – About the Ombudsman
The Chief Ombudsman works with his staff to help New Zealanders in their dealings with government agencies. The focus is on handling complaints against government agencies, undertaking investigations and inspections, and encouraging good administration. The Chief Ombudsman is independent and impartial, with the goal of fairness for all.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We are looking for a Senior Communications Advisor who is looking for an opportunity to use their skills and experience to change lives with us at the Ombudsman. You will be joining a Communications team of senior communications specialists who thrive in the unique intersection between media, government and society in a 6 month fixed term role.
The team manage a content rich website and a modern intranet that must keep up with the needs of a growing organisation, but we're not going to stop there. There's more work to do, with work going on to expand its audience among children, youth, and seniors in line with the Ombudsman's expanding jurisdiction. The team is also currently involved in the planning, development, delivery, and/or publicising of a number of events, announcements, digital resources, and reports relating to Ombudsman.
He kōrero mōu – About you
Growing our presence as an organisation and making the Ombudsman accessible to people from all walks of life will be at the heart of our success and the Senior Communications Advisor plays a key role in this.
To be successful in the role you will need to bring with you:
- considerable experience across communications and digital communications at a senior advisor level;
- considerable experience in delivery communications to a wide range of groups, including national and international audiences, using a variety of different channels;
- experience writing speeches, media releases and developing communications plans both tactical and strategic;
- extensive working knowledge of web and digital communications and best practice;
- excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to build credibility with a range of stakeholders;
- strong written and oral communication skills; and a track record of delivering results.
We have a friendly and collaborative environment where our people enjoy interesting and challenging work and are passionate about what they do. We embrace diversity of perspectives and foster an inclusive environment which benefits our people and the work they do. So, if you have a passion for helping people and want to be part of fulfilling our purpose of fairness for all, apply now!
What we can offer
Becoming part of an exceptional team in a dynamic organisation, where the work is challenging and rewarding. Your development and growth will be nurtured, and your work recognised and valued.
- Flexible working options
- Competitive remuneration
- Onsite gym and personal trainer, free to all employees
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Me pēhea e tono - How to apply
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now' button where you will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form and upload your CV and cover letter and a written work sample – either a proposal or policy document that you have written.
For further information about this vacancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a criminal convictions check and may be required to achieve and maintain a NZ Government (NZSIS) security clearance.
Depending on skills and experience the salary is expected to be between $100,612 to $132,053 with $125,765 being the mid-point.
Applications for the role will close on Tuesday 31st January 2023
We may interview candidates as they apply and close this advert earlier should a suitable candidate be found. So, we encourage you to apply today!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||2020 Senior Communications Advisor JD.docx (Word, 144KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.