Administration Officer - Dunedin Central at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Otago (Otakou)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full-time position
- Working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Located at our Service Centre in Central Dunedin
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Do you have the enthusiasm, dedication and the skills to become an Administration Officer within Ara Poutama Aotearoa, Department of Corrections?
This could be just the opportunity you are looking for!
We are searching for an experienced Administration Officer to join our Community Corrections team on a permanent, full-time basis in Dunedin.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This is an opportunity to be part of a great organisation where you will support the Community Corrections team. In this busy role you will enjoy working collaboratively as one team in a challenging and fast paced environment. Your day-to-day role will see you proactively providing a range of administrative services, including:
- Reception duties, such as answering phones, taking messages, and greeting visitors
- Liaising with organisations and services we work with
- Preparing documents for court
- Purchasing materials and stocktaking
- Providing support for the management of facilities and assets
- Record management and ensuring correspondence, reports and other documentation meet Department timelines and standards
- Provide administration support across a varied team by co-ordinating meetings, external stakeholders relationships and filing
This position is full-time, working Monday to Friday, eight hours a day.
An information session for this position will be held on Tuesday 31 May from 6-8pm at the South Dunedin Community Corrections site – 97 King Edward street. If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
If you have a genuine interest in our kaupapa and if you are motivated to support others in a team environment, then we want to hear from you!
Please consider and provide examples within your application as to how you meet the below key requirements:
- Good knowledge of computer software and database systems including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent customer service skills, a proactive and dedicated team-player who enjoys working closely with others
- The ability to develop, foster and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse range of people
- Resilience when dealing with difficult situations in changing environments and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- The ability to organise effectively, be adaptable, multi-task and meet deadlines
You will need a Full New Zealand Driver Licence for this role.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand Resident Permit holder, Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The mid-point of the salary range is $49,348 per annum and the full range is $46,429 - $55,203 per annum. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Kano ārai mate KOWHEORI-19 | COVID-19 vaccinations
As part of our COVID-19 response, all people working at Ara Poutama Aotearoa are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access our workplaces. This is to ensure we continue to do all we can to keep everyone safe from the impacts of COVID-19, now and into the future.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) by the closing date of Friday the 3rd of June 2022 (11pm NZST) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||Administration Officer job description - Community Corrections.pdf (PDF, 35KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.