Administration Support Officer - Otago Corrections Facility at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Otago (Otakou)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- One full-time role available
- Fixed-term position until 2nd July 2023
- Located at Otago Corrections Facility
Seize the opportunity to work for an exciting and dynamic team while giving back to your community!
We are currently looking to employ a new full-time fixed-term Administration Support Officer in our Visits Information Centre Team at Otago Corrections Facility. You will be an integral part of a small but dedicated team that provides support to our operational Managers and their teams.
This fixed-term position will end on the 2nd of July 2023.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu, country.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5)
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
In this busy and varied role, you will be responsible for the visits applications and reception area where you will be interacting with visitors regarding their scheduled visitor bookings with the people in our care.
You will also be supporting our Managers with general administration in the prison, as well as delivering a wide range of administrative services including;
- Site access requests for staff and external providers
- Maintaining the prisoner telephone system
- Maintaining databases and communicating with external agencies
- Visitor, Volunteer and Contractor Application Forms
- Maintain Visitor Information Centre Health & Safety station and registers
You will enjoy working collaboratively as one team in a challenging and fast paced environment, be able to multitask, follow and adhere to policies and procedures, and have sound judgement in prioritising tasks and activities to meet deadlines.
This role is 40 hours per week, on a rostered rotating cycle between Monday to Sunday. The core hours will be between 8am–5pm.
Staff need to be available to work weekends. Family visits occur predominantly over weekends therefore the Visitor Information Centre is a 7-day operation.
Please note, the enclosed job description for this position describes the generic role of an ‘Administration Support Officer'. This description covers a variety of administrative positions across Corrections, which can vary significantly, and you may be required to undertake some, or all of the duties noted according to operational requirements.
Skills & Experience | Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako
We are looking for bright and bubbly additions to our team who can represent our organisation with pride and professionalism and who have the following skills;
- Knowledge of and experience with financial/accounting and administrative procedures, systems and processes
- Can-do attitude with a high level of initiative and discretion
- Resilience when dealing with conflict and difficult situations in changing environments and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- The ability to prioritise and meet deadlines whilst managing a high volume of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with a diverse range of people at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Be capable of working independently or in a team environment
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for then we would love to hear from you!
A full New Zealand Driver Licence is required for this role.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand Resident Permit holder, Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The mid-point of the salary range is $51,228 and the full range is $49,708 - $57,306. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter by the closing date of Wednesday the 24th of August (11pm NZST) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Position type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Attachment:||Administration Support Officer - Job description.pdf (PDF, 36KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.