Learning & Interventions Delivery Manager at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Otago (Otakou)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Based at Otago Correctional Facility, the Learning and Interventions Delivery Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of Corrections programmes, education, treatment and other interventions to support the rehabilitative needs of prisoners across the site. This position is site based operational management role, critical to ensuring the education, rehabilitation and reintegration needs of prisoners within the prison are being met through appropriate interventions. This will include the support and integration of volunteers and volunteer programmes into the Prison and ensuring Release to Work activities are supported to provide prisoners with opportunities to improve their work habits, work experience and skills to support them into employment post-release.
Mōu | About you
Does the following sound like you?
- Proven experience at management level in a role requiring business planning, staff development, consultation, communication, and relationship management skills
- You are an experienced people leader
- Understanding of the factors impacting on offender rehabilitation and reintegration, coupled with a sound working knowledge of key agencies, both governmental and non-governmental, in the social/justice sectors. Ideally you will have worked in these sectors in a management/leadership capacity.
- Commitment to developing staff to improve performance, contribute to culture change, and build capability
- You have a proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with external agencies and stakeholder groups, taking account of their strategic goals, pressures and priorities
- Be computer literate and be able to pick up in-house computer systems
- Manage a large workflow and prioritise in an efficient manner
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The salary range of $97,808 - $117,369 commensurate with experience
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||Learning & Interventions Delivery Manager.DOCX (Word, 353KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.