Administration Officer at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Otago (Otakou)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- A new service giving you the opportunity to empower and support people in their justice journey
- Full-time, permanent position, working Monday to Friday
- Flexible working, can be based in either Invercargill or Dunedin
Do you have the enthusiasm, dedication and the skills to become an Administration Officer within Bail Support Services Ara Poutama Aotearoa, Department of Corrections?
This could be just the opportunity you are looking for!
We are currently looking for a full-time, permanent Administration Officer, to join our small but dedicated Bail Support Services team at our Dunedin or Invercargill Offices.
Ngā kawenga | About the role
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that makes a real difference to your community.
Joining us as an Administration Officer in the Bail Support Services team, you will be dealing directly with the people we manage and supporting the Bail Support Services team members both in Invercargill and Dunedin.
In this busy role you will enjoy working collaboratively as one team in a challenging and fast paced environment. Your day-to-day role will see you proactively providing a range of administrative services, including:
- Liaising with the organisations and services we work with
- Processing files
- Preparing documents for Court
- Purchasing materials
- Record management and ensuring correspondence, reports and other documentation meet Department timelines and standards
- Providing team support e.g. co-ordinating meetings and documentation
This is a full-time position, you will be working Monday to Friday, for 40 hours a week.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Good knowledge of computer software and database systems including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), with the ability to learn new skills quickly
- Experience and knowledge of office administration would be an advantage
- The ability to organise effectively, be adaptable, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently
If you have a genuine interest in our kaupapa and if you are motivated to support others in a team environment, then we want to hear from you!
You will need a Full New Zealand Driver Licence for this role.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand Resident Permit holder, Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The midpoint of the salary range is $49,348 and the full range (85%-120%) is $46,429 - $55,203. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications for this role will close: Sunday the 12th of February (11pm NZST)
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||Bail Support Services - Administration Officer - JD.docx (Word, 353KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.