Communications Advisor at Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin), Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Work from home
- Part-time parental leave cover till April 2023
- 20 hours per week
About the role
This is a fixed-term position through to April 2023. This will give you plenty of time to get your teeth into the varied activities involved and you will have the chance to really see the benefits of your efforts. This role can be performed on-site or work from home anywhere in the country.
The main responsibilities of the Communications Advisor include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Providing advice to DHB staff and teams in relation to communicating key messages and initiatives to both internal and external audiences
- Communicating about events, activities and campaigns across the hospital sites or elsewhere in the health system
- Develop and maintain the content of various platforms such as the SDHB website, our Facebook page, newsletters, digital screens and other publications
- Supporting the development of communications and engagement policies and procedures
- Contribute to a strong values-based, patient-centred internal culture
You'll need to be experienced in communications, media, marketing or public relations in order to succeed in this exciting role.
Ideally you'll have the following skills and expertise:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification
- Knowledge of Facebook Business suite, including ads manager
- General knowledge of HTML coding and how CMS works (ideally Drupal)
- Basic digital content creation skills including graphics
- Knowledge of MailChimp
- Flexible approach with the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Sound judgment and a good sense of humour
In return for your skills, you'll be joining a fun, friendly and supportive team in an environment that allows you to take ownership of your work. We have a strong customer focus here in PR and Communications and are passionate about sharing the amazing work of our teams with the wider community. We would love to find an enthusiastic and experienced Communications Advisor to come and join us as we continue to improve the patient experience across the Southern region!
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Closing date: Tuesday, 31 May 2022
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
For further information please contact Hollie Bingham, Recruitment Advisor - email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/14951/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.