ECHO Cardiologist at Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin), Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Consultant Echo Cardiologist - Sabbatical Cover
- Sabbatical Cover from 5 Sept to 2 Dec 2022 (fixed-term or locum cover for the full period only)
- 1.0 FTE
About Southern District Health Board
Our DHB covers the largest geographical catchment amongst all the DHB's in New Zealand. We proudly strive to provide top quality healthcare to our diverse patient population.
About the role
One of our Echo Cardiologist is taking a three month sabbatical between 5 September to 2 December 2022 and we are accepting applications for this fixed-term or locum cover. The appointee would share clinical responsibility for the Echocardiography service provided by the Southern District Health Board in both Dunedin and Invercargill Hospitals.
- The appointee is expected to be proficient in the performance and interpretation of standard adult transthoracic Echocardiography, dobutamine/exercise stress echo testing and adult transoesophageal echocardiography including for interventional procedures
- Reporting of adult echos is required to ensure all adult echos in the DHB are formally reported
- Expertise in performance and interpretation of echoes for paediatric patients and adult patients with congenital heart disease would confer an advantage
- Experience with new echocardiographic technology such as strain imaging and 3D echocardiography is required
Additionally, you will take part in the general cardiology roster covering acute cardiology/CCU, and in-hospital consultations. You will also provide outpatient clinics both on-site and off-site at regional and rural hospitals, supervision and reporting of diagnostic services (exercise stress testing, Holter monitors, ambulatory blood pressure monitors etc,) and triaging of echocardiography laboratory requests. Implicit is the teaching and training of medical students, house officers and registrars.
About the service
Our Cardiology Department at Dunedin Hospital is situated in a city centre and serves a large geographical catchment area. The hospital has 350 inpatient beds and serves as a teaching and training institution of the University of Otago and has all major specialties. Dunedin provides tertiary level care in neurosurgery and cardiothoracic surgery and the region is well served by an excellent helicopter retrieval service.
Appointed specialists will possess the FRACP or an equivalent qualification allowing a vocational registration with the NZ Medical Council. The Southern DHB recruitment team are able to provide support in applying or renewing previous vocational registration. Applications from overseas Physicians who had previous vocational registration are welcomed and a start date will be negotiated with registration and immigration requirements taken into consideration.
We will be screening applications before the closing date to ensure we can start interviewing once the role closes on Tuesday, 7 July 2022 but this may be closed earlier.
For further information or for a job Description, please contact Agatha Chen, Recruitment Advisor - Senior Medical Officers, phone +64 3 470 9604 or email: Agatha.firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. If you have already been fully vaccinated you will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job/ECHO-cardiologist/588889710/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.