Drug and Alcohol Clinician/Mental Health Professional at Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin), Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Community Alcohol and Drug Service, Wakari Hospital
- Permanent positions available, full, and part-time!
- Competitive salary, plus on-site free car parking, plus discounted health insurance
- Join a committed and collaborative team!
Mō te tūranga - About the role:
- Manage your own case load of clients on Opioid Substitution Treatment (OST)
- Maintain regular contact with other DHB Health Services, and NGOs to ensure the best results, with a holistic wrap around approach
- Facilitate evidence based/best practice intervention processes (including assessment, treatment planning, intervention) according to your profession's scope of practice
- Provide a quality service including a clear, consistent, supportive approach and attitude towards alcohol and drug clients
Mōu ake - About you:
- Demonstrated compassion and friendliness, backed up by a resilient mindset
- Solid understanding of addiction issues and previous experience working with clients with co-existing problems (CEP)
- Registered Health Professional with previous experience in Mental Health, with current APC or DAPAANZ Registered.
- An innovative thinker and team-player who uses initiative and embraces change
- Ideally two-years' experience in mental and physical health assessment, with an interest in specialist addictions
It is desirable that you also hold relevant post-graduate qualifications.
A full and clean NZ driver's licence is essential.
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This salary for this position will be in accordance with the relevant salary scale for the successful applicant's occupation.
The following collective agreements may be applied based on the relevant occupation:
- DHBs/PSA Allied, Public Health, Scientific and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (expiring 30 June 2023)
- DHBs/APEX Psychologists Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (1 June 2021 - 31 May 2023)
- DHBs/PSA Mental Health and Public Health Nursing Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (1 October 2020 - 31 December 2022)
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Sunday, 14 August 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Emily Atkinson, Recruitment Advisor, (03) 470 9176, email@example.com
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/10784/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.