Registered Nurse - Waitaki Community Mental Health Service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Oamaru, Waitaki - Community Mental Health Service
- Permanent - 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week
- No traffic jams, affordable housing, competitive salary plus discounted health insurance
- Join a team dedicated to helping consumers return to the community
Are you looking for a change of pace working in a community setting in a small town situated in the middle of everything?
Mō te Tīma - About the team
The Waitaki Community Mental Health Service is Multi-Disciplinary Team that services the North Otago District based in Oamaru a 75 minute drive north of Dunedin. It provides support to Child and Youth, Alcohol and Drug, Adult and Elderly services. It also provides an after-hours on call crisis service.
Mō te tūranga - About the role/Mōu ake - About you
We have an opportunity for a suitably qualified Registered Nurse either with experience of working with patients with mental illness or with an interest in developing this in a community setting to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a well-established team that works collaboratively within the rural community and are responsible for delivering services to people with moderate to severe mental illness in North Otago (pop. 23,000).
To be successful in this position, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Current Registered Nurse with a current APC and a scope of practice that allows you to work in Mental Health
- Ideally you will have experience in working within a mental health sector, however consideration will be given if you have an interest in this area
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and rapport with a diverse range of people
- You will be required to work as a Duly Authorised Officer under the Mental Health Act (training provided if necessary) and participate on the after-hours on-call roster for the Waitaki Community Mental Health Team
- You must also be eligible to live and work in New Zealand and hold a current NZ Drivers licence
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Discounted health insurance
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern region offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there's literally something for everyone. Why don't you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Mō te tauwāhi / The location
In Oamaru, there are benefits of being between both Canterbury and Otago so you can enjoy the great community right on your doorstep. Being the largest town in the Waitaki District and home to Steampunk HQ, it has a rich history and proud heritage. The beautiful Victorian Precinct attracts locals and tourist alike, with a lively atmosphere you will find, shops, galleries and traditional crafts set in Victorian streetscapes and 19th century architecture.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Tuesday, 4 October 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Caroline, Recruitment Advisor, Phone (03) 214 5769 or email email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Southern you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/10922/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.