Senior Physiotherapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Women's and Children's Health, Dunedin Hospital
Salary band - $59,035 to $85,992 p.a pro rata, plus Kiwisaver, plus on-site employee gym
- Permanent, full time (1.0 FTE), 40 hours per week
- Competitive salary, plus discounted health insurance, plus staff fitness facilities
- Play a role in the development of our next generation!
Mō te tūranga - About the role:
- Work alongside children (0-16 years) and their families throughout Coastal Otago in both the centre and community settings
- Cooperate and work actively with other agencies such as CDS Disability Action and Ministry of Education Learning Support Teams to support children and their families
- Collaborate with whanau and patients to set realistic, patient-centric outcomes and appropriate interventions
- Actively participate as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team and support the development of others including students
Mōu ake - About you:
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with a natural empathy and passion for working with children and whanau
- Previous experience with wheelchair and seating assessments preferrable, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with a diverse range of patients and staff
- Current registration with the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand and a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
- Experienced physiotherapist with previous experience in paediatrics and/or neurorehabilitation who is looking to consolidate or develop their paediatric skillset
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHBs/PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and falls between Step 1 ($59,035 p.a) and Step 8 ($85,992 p.a pro rata) of the Degree-based Allied, Public Health and Technical Salary scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Thursday, 13 October 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact James Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Southern you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/14782/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.