Registered Nurses - Mental Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand - Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Services
Various locations - Oamaru, Dunedin, Invercargill
Forensic, Intellectual Disability Services (Medium Secure Unit), Adult Intensive and Acute Care inpatient
- Permanent, full and part-time opportunities
- Salary Band - $67,938 to $88,757 p.a pro rata
- Relocation support/competitive cost of living/no traffic congestion
- Safe, family friendly with excellent schooling options
We're seeking expressions of interest from experienced Mental Health Nurses for opportunities (current and upcoming) across our Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service. These include Emergency Psychiatric Care, Forensic, Inpatient, Acute, rehabilitation, Intellectual Disability and Community; and cover the whole life spectrum of Child, Youth, Family, Adult and Older People.
A strong knowledge base is essential to meeting the challenge of caring for people in a mental health environment as no two days are the same. You will work alongside dynamic and committedmultidisciplinary teams and with ready access to other mental health professionals' means that you truly can put the patient and their needs at the centre of everything you do
Do you have the following:
- A high standard of competence practice and performance
- An enjoyment of the challenge of working with patients in this setting
- Dynamic and innovative team-oriented drive
- A wish to join a service that is committed to high standards of practice
- Want to work in an environment that supports on-going learning and professional development.
- Two plus years experience in a Mental Health setting; acute inpatient or community
- Career development opportunities
- Beautiful scenery
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- A range of retail discounts
- Become part of a group of staff that really do work as a team
If you're thinking about or have ever thought about making the move, then now's the perfect time! If you have the experience and skillset that we're looking for, we'll put you in touch with the right Mental Health service so you can find out more, and we can explore employment options with you. I look forward to talking with you soon.
Tauwāhi - Location
At the very top of the list of reasons to join us at Te Whatu Ora, New Zealand Health - Southern is the lifestyle. We're home to the most beautiful landscapes in NZ, if it's the great outdoors that presses your buttons; and we're within easy reach of the likes of Queenstown if its adrenalin you seek. It's all here - the opportunity to create a fantastic work/life balance is waiting for you. The Southern region offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing, minimal traffic and friendly locals, but with the same sporting and cultural activities you'd find anywhere else. Whether it's surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there's literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
This role belongs to the DHBs / NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between the Step 3 ($67,938 p.a) and Step 8 ($88,757p.a pro-rata)
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Open
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Caroline Godfrey, Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Southern you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/562/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.