Enrolled Nurse - Surgical ward at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary Band - $54,432 - $62,847 p.a pro rata
- Mixed FTE options available
- Specialist Surgical ward
- 54 bed acute and electives
Based at Dunedin Hospital, our Surgical Ward Three is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Enrolled Nurse to help them continue to meet the needs of our community at the highest possible standard of care.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Ward Three Surgical is a 54-bed specialist surgery ward covering the following:
- Acute and elective orthopaedics
- Maxillofacial areas
This is a fantastic opportunity to work collaboratively with a dynamic team of health care professionals from a variety of disciplines and gain further exposure to develop your repertoire of nursing skills.
Mōu ake - About you
To be successful in this very busy role you will hold an APC and need to have the following:
- An interest in surgical nursing
- Be able to demonstrate resilience
- Be open and willing to up-skill as required
You'll also be a confident communicator with a friendly demeanour and someone who values patient centred care. In return you'll gain great work experience in a multidisciplinary team and the opportunity to develop your skills in a variety of surgical specialties.
If this opportunity is one that excites you, please don't hesitate to get in touch as we would love to hear from you!
Painga - Benefits
We will support you to develop and enhance your practice in an environment that model's excellence in nursing, leadership, professionalism, and best practice principles. There is ample opportunity to build on your foundation of knowledge and expand your breadth of skills here, whether it's through the varied and diverse caseloads or through professional development and mentoring; those who are motivated to continue learning will certainly be kept on their toes.
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the expired NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between step one ($54,432 p.a) and step four ($62,847 p.a pro rata) of the EN scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday 9 December 2022
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org and (03) 470 9081
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ All conversations will be confidential in nature.
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a Covid-19-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
To Apply: We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.