Physiotherapist - Community Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Home Team, Dunedin Hospital
Salary band - $59,035 to $85,992 p.a pro rata, plus Kiwisaver, plus discounted health insurance
- Permanent, full-time (1.0 FTE), 40 hours per week
- Competitive salary, plus discounted health insurance, plus subsidised gym
- Limitless potential for career advancement and growth
Mō te tūranga - About the role:
- This position involves working with a range of patients from various age groups with a variety of conditions in the community
- Perform appropriate and high-quality physiotherapy assessment and management of community patients (including hydrotherapy)
- Prescribe mobility aids and equipment (including wheelchairs) within the parameters of departmental provision guidelines
- Be an Accredited Assessor for the Equipment Management Service as appropriate or be prepared to work towards this accreditation
- Work actively and co-operatively in a community team and liaise appropriately with relevant health care professionals
Mōu ake - About you
It goes without saying that you will have an enthusiasm for physiotherapy and working with a social team.
You will also need to demonstrate the following to be successful in this role:
- Excellent communication skills and a natural ability for building trust with others
- Be a registered Physiotherapist with the New Zealand Physiotherapy Board and hold an Annual Practicing Certificate
- Ideally have at least one year experience as a qualified physiotherapist, including respiratory and musculoskeletal experience
- Knowledge and experience of community-based rehabilitation
- Be reliable and have a drive for learning and sharing new skills
A full and clean class one driver's licence is essential.
Painga - Benefits
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the PSA Allied, Public Health, Scientific and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and falls between the Step 1 ($59,035 p.a) and Step 8 ($85,992 p.a pro rata) of the of the Degree-based Allied, Public Health and Technical Pay Scale.
Rā mōnehu - closing date: Sunday, 11 December 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact James Boyd, Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 470 9025
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Southern you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/16262/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.