Mental Health Assistant at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ward 6c, Dunedin Hospital
Salary band - $48,368 to $60,610 p.a pro rata, plus Kiwisaver
- Mix of casual and permanent positions available
- Rewarding role by making a difference in people's lives
- Mix of part or full time options available
Your next opportunity could be working in mental health. This rewarding opportunity has you working closely with Nurses and Older persons to assist with a variety of duties.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Joining this valuable team requires a positive attitude and the ability to communicate on multiple levels.
The role consists of a wide range of duties including but not limited to the following:
- Assisting with patient movement
- Assisting with rehabilitation
- Assisting the Nurse team where required
- Assisting with nutritional needs
- Clerical duties as required
- Stock reconciliation
Mōu ake - About you
To be successful in joining our team you will have the following:
- Mental Health experience or a strong willingness to work in this field is preferred
- Whilst experience working with people in the health sector and/or experience in customer service is desirable
- Have a passion for supporting older people
- Be warm, empathetic, and responsive
- Be comfortable with using computers
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Please state in your cover letter what FTE you are interested in
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the PSA Collective Agreement and falls between Step 1 ($48,368 p.a) and Step 5 ($60,610 p.a pro rata) of the MHA scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 16 December 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org and 03 470 9081
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/7240/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.