Registered Nurse at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU)
Salary band - $64,291 - $83,186 p.a pro rata
- 0.7 - 0.9FTE (negotiable FTE) permanent positions available due to uplift in PACU nursing resource
- Use your experience and expertise to make a real difference to our patient's surgical journey and outcomes
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Working with us, your depth of experience and confidence will come into their own. Further, you'll develop airway management skills and acquire acute pain management experience in this dynamic environment. We provide a comprehensive orientation and absolutely guarantee you'll learn new skills to complement your present skill set. Most of the workload occurs during business hours, and afterhours and weekend work are covered by a combination of rostered shifts and on-call overnight.
We're a specialised unit providing post anaesthetic care to surgical patients.
Our service covers:
- Elective and Acute Thoracic
- General surgery
- Paediatric surgical specialties.
We also care for procedures that occur outside of the theatre complex.
Mōu ake - About you
If you are looking for:
- autonomy in your nursing practice
- experience in a broad range of specialties
- generally sociable working hours
And you are:
- someone who thrives in a close-knit team environment
- ready for a new challenge and/or a change from the ward
- able to make rapid decisions and prompt interventions
- confident in taking a step up in terms of clinical responsibility
- well experienced but still keen to grow your skillset
- someone who relates to colleagues in a highly professional and personable manner
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking, or sailing; skiing, hunting, or fishing; theatre, live-music, or art - there's literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the expired NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 2 ($64,291 p.a) and Step 7 ($83,186 p.a pro rata) of the RN scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 16 December 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org and (03) 470 9081
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ All conversations will be confidential in nature.
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via ourinternal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/19610/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.