Project Manager - Primary Care at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Dunedin or Southland
Salary band - $75,000 to $85,000 p.a, plus Kiwisaver
- Permanent, full-time (1.0 FTE), 40 hours per week
- Enjoy subsidised gym, health insurance and retail discounts!
- Join a high performing team!
Mō te tūranga - About the role
This position will work closely with the Primary Care Manager to oversee the development and delivery of primary care services that align with Te Pae Tata. Particular focus will be on Māori, Pacifica and Refugee communities in Southern and managing contracts that support equitable healthcare for all. The Project Manager will support projects in collaboration with the Primary Care Manager, the Planning and wider Directorate team while maintaining and developing key partnerships/collaborations within the wider organisation and with external organisations.
Key tasks of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure primary care is delivered in community settings according to a localities model of service delivery and Te Pae Tata with a particular focus on refugee health
- Use appropriate project management tools/methodology to develop service, e.g. Skills for Change, A3 methodology
- Manage the contracts for refugee services with PHO and any other contractors.
- Contribute to improving Te Whatu Ora Southern and the health sectors eCALD competencies through facilitating Professional development opportunities as appropriate
Mōu ake - About you:
- Proven experience in the health sector in a coordination and collaborative leadership or management position
- The ability to "relate to", work, and communicate effectively with people from a wide variety of professional, cultural and social backgrounds
- Programme Planning, Development and evaluation
- Experience in identifying, initiating and leading key projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing, media, group facilitation and negotiation
- Experienced in financial management ensuring costs are managed within budget
Painga - Benefits:
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Sunday, 8 January 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Hannah Friedrich, Recruitment Advisor at Hannah.email@example.com
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/20623/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.