Registered Nurses - Ward 7A Respiratory/Cardiothoracic at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Two permanent, 0.8 FTE positions are available (32 hours per week)
- The perfect mix of medical and surgical nursing
- Supportive, high-functioning team
Our dedicated and supportive team in Ward 7A is seeking additional highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurses to join our friendly team in Dunedin Hospital on a part-time, permanent basis. With colleagues moving upwards in their careers, others taking parental leave and additional nurse funding, it is an exciting time for the whole team!
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Within these roles you will work closely with other departments in the hospital and have the opportunity to build up a high level of skill and knowledge which will be valuable for the rest of your career. You'll be expected to develop and use advanced assessment skills and knowledge to deliver the highest standards of patient care. The environment is fast paced, but the work is rewarding, and you will be closely supported by a tight knit team all dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care.
- Advance your nursing skills caring for complex and varied patient specialties with the support of a friendly and supportive team
- Caring for respiratory patients provides the opportunity to develop competence in skills such as CPAP, BiPAP and chest drain management
- Cardiothoracic specialty includes a mix of thoracic and open-heart surgery patients; Help them progress through their recovery journey while managing their temporary epicardial pacing, central lines, ECG interpretation, chest drains and surgical wounds
- Together, these specialties provide the opportunity to build a high level of knowledge and skills to further enhance your nursing abilities
- Additionally, medical patients and outlying specialties further compliment the diversity of the ward
You will promote and participate in the achievement of Te Whatu Ora's values and behaviours and have the opportunity for professional development in a friendly and supportive environment.
Mōu ake - About you
We're looking for experienced Nurses who are organised, friendly and calm, able to work independently and at the same time genuinely interested in the best outcome for both patient and team.
To succeed, you will need to have the following:
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused
- Previous experience in High Dependency, Acute or Coronary Care skills and Level 6 CPR would certainly be an advantage
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 3 February 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor at email@example.com
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a Covid-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
To apply: We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.