Clinical Nurse Specialist - Wound Care at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, part-time position 16 hours per week, 0.4 FTE
- Succession plan plus long-term training
- Retail partner discounts plus discount health insurance
Working primarily Monday to Friday we are seeking a senior nurse to step into the succession position of our current long-standing Wound Care CNS.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior registered nurse looking for the next step in their nursing career.
Clinical Nurse specialists are key to the department as they act as practitioner, educator, consultant, researcher, leader/change agent and care coordinator/case manager all while in pursuit of improved health outcomes.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will do the following:
- Provide specialist wound care both in hospital and community settings
- Mentor staff so they too gain further knowledge and skill
- Work across the organisation acting in a multi-role function
This position will have the first right of refusal to increase FTE over the next three years, towards a full FTE role, during this time the successful candidate will be working alongside the current Wound Care CNS training and orientating to the busy and complex needs of the position.
Mōu ake - About you
You will have the following:
- Proven clinical credibility and experience
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Advanced communication techniques such as conflict resolution, diffusion, and mediation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A professional can do attitude in line with our values
- Hold or be working towards post graduate qualification at a minimum of a diploma or/and a master's degree
Painga - Benefits
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Rā mōnehu - Closing Date: Friday, 17 February 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor at email@example.com and (03) 470 9081
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job/Clinical-Nurse-Specialist-Wound-Care/935616410/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.