Registered Nurse - Critical Care Opportunity in Dunedin, New Zealand at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent and full-time or part time positions available.
- Build close relationships with patients and their whanau
- Enjoy an easy Southern lifestyle and satisfying working environment
- Staff discounts from our retail partners
- $60,000 - $95,000
Being part of our Critical Care Unit is an exciting, varied role that is part of the heart of the hospital.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
- Deliver long-term life support services to critically ill patients.
- Provide a tertiary referral service for other medical providers throughout Otago and Southland,
- Assist the Aeromedical Retrieval Service to transport patients to other hospitals.
- 18 beds in a combined ICU / HDU,
- Patients will be able to transition between levels of care without leaving the unit.
- Brand-new equipment, and with the patient-focussed design you'll be thrilled at the quality of care you can provide
Mōu ake - About you
With your solid base in critical care nursing, this is an ideal opportunity to step your career up a notch.
- You will be an adaptive, hardworking nurse who is empathetic
- You can quickly build a rapport with patients and their families
- You will treat everyone with kindness and respect, bring a positive attitude, and value openness and honesty
The great news is that is also how your colleagues work, so you will be welcomed into a team with a fantastic workplace culture and have the opportunity for working a family-friendly and life-friendly roster, so you will have time for all the other things that matter to you!
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community.
- Continuous support for career development.
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance.
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the expired NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between step 2 and Step 7 of the RN scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Thursday, 30 2023.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor at email@example.com and (03) 470 9081
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ All conversations will be confidential in nature.
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a Covid-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/662/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.