Preadmission Registered Nurse - Gastroenterology at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band - $60,000 - $95,000 p.a pro rata + Kiwisaver
- Permanent vacancy 0.9 FTE / 36 hours per week
- Discounted health insurance + retail discounts from our partners
Our Gastroenterology Service in Dunedin Hospital is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join our friendly team on a permanent basis.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We are a close-knit department of 42 staff and are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse who is a strong team player to join us. You must have an interest in the Gastroenterology field and be open to learning skills for assessing patients who have planned gastroenterology procedures.
The department offers you the following:
- The prospect of working in a diagnostic outpatient service, and to be exposed to a different type of nursing practice
- You would be supported to develop the skills and competence to complete health assessments, request relevant laboratory tests, and co-ordinate care to see that the patient is able to come for their procedure in a safe and timely manner
- The opportunity to expand knowledge into areas like endoscopy, population bowel screening, inflammatory bowel disease and liver disease
Mōu ake - About you
To succeed in this role you will need to have the following:
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused
- Experience in the gastroenterology and/or flexible endoscopy field will be prioritised in the short-listing process.
Painga - Benefits
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the expired NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between step 1 ($66,570 p.a) and Step ! ($95,340 p.a pro rata) of the RN scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Wednesday, 22 March 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/20940/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.