Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Elective Patient Flow at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Elective Perioperative Patient Flow, Dunedin Hospital
Salary Band – $95,000 - $106,000 p.a pro rata + Kiwisaver
- Permanent vacancy
- 1 FTE / 40 hours per week
Our Perioperative team has an exciting opportunity dedicated to improving the flow of elective surgeries.
Mō te tūranga | About the role
The collaborative management of elective flow, including cancellations, and bed management will support an improved patient care experience and reduce wasted resources.
The focus of this role is to:
- Manage the cancellation process for elective surgeries, ensuring all relevant parties are appropriately informed along the way,
- You will participate in imbedding quality improvement projects focusing on changes to elective theatre capacity and provision,
- Streamline the booking processes,
- Participation in bed management and prioritisation processes
- Work in collaboration with the Acute Perioperative Flow Coordinator as these roles work interchangeably.
Mōu ake | About you:
- An experienced registered nurse with Perioperative knowledge well versed in managing resources with an in-depth understanding of delivering sound clinical work through motivating others,
- A natural, confident leader who leads from the front and by example,
- Naturally a glass half full person,
- An adept problem solver,
- Flexible and confident to make sound clinical and leadership decisions on your feet,
- Your clinical credibility in nursing will be complemented by your advanced communication skills,
- A natural at building successful working relationships,
- Have proven experience in de-escalation and conflict resolution.
Painga | Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community.
- Continuous support for career development.
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance.
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
Mō mātou | About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui |Salary range
This role belongs to the expired NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between step 1 ($95,576 p.a) and Step 3 ($106,016 p.a pro rata) of the interim Senior Nurse scale Grade 1.
Rā mōnehu | Closing Date: 7 April 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor at email@example.com
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ All conversations will be confidential in nature.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.