Registrar - Ears, Nose and Throat - Commencing January 2024 at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band $107,007 - $203,500 plus Kiwisaver
- Join us as we change the future of healthcare in Southern NZ
- Supportive learning environment
- Opportunity to live in a vibrant and scenic city with fantastic outdoor opportunities at your doorstep
Mō te tūranga - About the role:
- You'll be part of a team led by six ORL Consultants and covering all major subspecialty areas.
- In addition to experiencing ear, nose and throat conditions and their management, there is the opportunity, through our high volume of head and neck skin cancer work, to become familiar with common modes of reconstruction, including local flaps and skin grafts.
- A supportive learning environment through a high level of Consultant Supervision during clinics and operating theatre sessions
- Providing a good background in ENT - essential if you are considering applying for a position on the Surgical Training Scheme in ORLHNS.
Mōu ake - About you:
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- A minimum of two years post qualification and possess a strong interest in ENT
It is requirement of the NZ Medical Council that your qualifications are approved through EPIC. If you have a commitment to working in New Zealand, it is highly recommended that you start this process as soon as possible to allow your subsequent registration to be undertaken in a timely fashion. For more information, please visit MCNZ website re EPIC Credentialing.
Painga - Benefits:
- A range of teaching and research opportunities for those interested through the close association of the service with the University of Otago's Dunedin School of Medicine.
- Weekly Registrar teaching sessions
- Free meals when on duty
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to range of retail discounts
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui -Salary range
This role is covered by the terms and conditions of New Zealand Resident Doctors' Association & 20 DHB Multi Employer Collective 17 May 2021 - 31 March 2024 (NZRDA MECA) and Specialty Trainees of New Zealand and 20 District Health Boards Multi Employer Collective Agreement 14 December 2021 - 13 December 2023 (the STONZ MECA) and the salary will fall between $107,007 - $203,500 dependant on relevant experience.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 9 June 2023.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Covid-19 vaccination
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.