Registered Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band $66,000 - $95,000 + Kiwisaver
- Permanent, 1.0 FTE position available (40 hours per week)
- Collaborative and long standing team
- Discounts from our retail and insurance partners
Due to pending retirements and internal staff movements we are recruiting for our NICU team.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Our NICU team cares for over 350 babies and families/whanau each year from across the Southern District.
We do the following:
- Providing round-the-clock care to premature and severely ill newborn infants/pēpi
- Assist the NICU physicians in medical procedures and treatments
- Formulate nursing plans and evaluate the effectiveness of treatments
- Comfort sick newborns and anxious parents and family members
- Offer support to parents and educate them on the at-home care of their newborn
- All nursing roles within the unit are required to work 8-hour shifts 24/7, including night shifts
Mōu ake - About you
To be considered, you will need to have the following:
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand
- Previous experience in a neonatal setting; prior involvement with child and family health and/or recent and relevant experience within an acute environment
- Caring-natured and able to communicate to people and families/whānau from varying diversities
- Be comfortable in caring for some of our most delicate patients
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern region offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live music or art - there's literally something for everyone.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: 25 June 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a Covid-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/20752/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.