Registered Nurse - Mental Health Nursing Resource Unit at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mental Health Resource team - Wakari and Dunedin Hospitals
Salary band - $73,566 to $103,630 pro-rata plus kiwisaver
- Join us as we change the future of healthcare in Southern NZ
- Permanent positions available, full and part-time roles! (working predominately afternoon and night shifts)
- Competitive salary + Kiwisaver + subsidised gym membership
Mō te tūranga - About the role / Mōu ake - About you
Are you a Registered Nurse with recent Mental Health nursing experience looking for a new, permanent opportunity with variety and working with a committed and collaborative team? You will be part of the resource team working across Dunedin and Wakari Hospital inpatient units and the crisis team on a rostered basis, no two days will ever be the same.
If you like variety this could be the perfect fit for you! These roles will see you providing care for the full range of mental health disorders, including Youth, Mothers and Babies, Eating Disorders, Mental Health Older Persons, Forensic, Intellectual Disability and Emergency Psychiatric Services.
This is a busy and diverse role and will require people with a mental health background with experience in the acute mental health sector.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- New Zealand Registration with a scope of practice that allows you to work in mental health and APC with Nursing Council NZ
- experience in a mental health setting
- dynamic and innovative.
If you wish to join a service that is committed to high standards of practice and supports ongoing professional development then we would like to hear from you.
Painga - Benefits
- Abundant outsdoorsy pursuits within easy reach
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Tauwāhi - Location
A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Dunedin is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand's most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link: https://www.dunedinnz.com/
The Southern district offers something for everyone check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
To be considered for this position it is essential you have mental health nursing experience.
If you think this sounds like you then apply now!
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between the step 1 ($73,566 p.a) and Step 7 ($103,630 p.a prorata) of the RN scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Wednesday, 27 September 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.